Subject to the terms and conditions of this Warranty, Barfly by Mercer Culinary warrants to the consumer or the entity who or which is the initial purchaser or, in the case of a gift, to the initial consumer recipient of the Barfly by Mercer Culinary product (hereinafter “you” or “your”), that such product shall be free from defect in materials or workmanship under normal use and conditions (as described below) for your coverage time period from the date of purchase, indicated in the Limited Warranty Product Overview below. If the Product Overview indicates that the product is covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty, then Mercer Culinary warrants to the User, if the User is a consumer, that the product will be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use and conditions for the User’s lifetime. For corporate Users, this limited lifetime warranty shall be limited to a period of 25 years.
(a) Warranty. This Warranty covers: (1) all component parts of the product, except as noted below in Exclusions and (2) defects in materials or workmanship under normal use and conditions. For the purposes of this Warranty, “normal use and conditions” means use and conditions that (a) are in accordance with appropriate culinary purposes for said product and (b) are not described in whole or in part in the Exclusions below.
(b) Exclusions. This Warranty does not cover:
- minor imperfections, surface markings due to shipping and handling, minor color variations, normal wear and tear, damage from misuse or abuse such as dishwasher or harsh cleaning methods, neglect, accident, alterations and/or modifications not authorized by Barfly by Mercer Culinary, acts of God, including, but not limited to, fire, tornados, hurricanes or earthquakes.
- knives that are dull, bent, scratched, corroded or marked due to inappropriate use including, but not limited to, cutting on dense surfaces such as glass, marble and other hard counter surfaces, cutting frozen foods or bones, opening cans and jars.
- knives that are dull due to customary wear and tear.
- any Barfly by Mercer Culinary product that is made of or has wood as one of its components, only the wood portion is not covered because wood is a natural product.
(c) Remedy. The sole and exclusive remedy under this Warranty, for any product determined by Barfly by Mercer Culinary to be defective or to have failed within the coverage period under the use and conditions covered by this Warranty is, at Barfly by Mercer Culinary’s option, the repair or replacement of the defective product.
(d) Warranty Service. To make a warranty claim visit https://www.barflybymercer.com/warranty/ and complete the warranty claim form. Be prepared to provide a description of the issue being claimed, an image of the product in question, and proof of purchase. In the event you are unable to email, you should contact Barfly by Mercer Culinary in writing at 1860 Smithtown Ave., Ronkonkoma New York 11779. Should you wish that Barfly by Mercer Culinary physically examine the product, you should send the product to Barfly by Mercer Culinary, with proof of purchase, at this same address. Please note that you shall bear the cost of shipment to Barfly by Mercer Culinary of each product subject to a claim under this Warranty and you are responsible for loss or damage of such product in transit to Barfly by Mercer Culinary. Barfly by Mercer Culinary will cover shipping charges associated with returning to you the repaired/replacement product or, if Barfly by Mercer Culinary determines that your product was not defective as defined under the Warranty, the Barfly by Mercer Culinary product you had submitted. If you have questions, please contact Barfly by Mercer Culinary Customer Service at 800-221-5202.
- Although we will make every effort to get to your request as soon as possible, please allow up to 4-6 weeks for inspection and response.
- Any sharp items being sent for inspection must be securely wrapped in newspaper or bubble wrap and sent in a sturdy corrugated box for safety purposes.
- Do not send any personal items or products other than those made by Mercer that you wish to retain, such as towels, knife guards or other materials used for packing or protection. Said items or products will not be returned.
Limitation of Warranty. This Warranty is in lieu of all other express warranties, obligations or liabilities. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, EACH IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE COVERAGE PERIOD. EACH ACTION FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY HEREUNDER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BREACH OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN THE COVERAGE PERIOD. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BARFLY BY MERCER CULINARY BE LIABLE FOR ANY OR ALL EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, NOR FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. No agent, representative, reseller or employee of Barfly by Mercer Culinary has the authority to increase or alter the obligations of this Warranty.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or the exclusion or limitation of exemplary or punitive damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
LIMITED WARRANTY PRODUCT OVERVIEW
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY (25 YEARS FOR CORPORATE USERS)
Millennia® Knives & Forks
Garnishing and Carving Tools
Non-Stick Paring Knives with Sheaths
Plating Spoons and Tongs (Precision and Precision Plus™)
Mercer Grates™ Handheld Grating Tools
Utility Bar Knives w/Guards
Barfly® Mixology Gear
Metro Edge® Apparel